An online diary


lørdag den 24. oktober 2015

Thing 19: The Legal Side of Things

I discovered Prezi a couple of years ago as an alternative to Power Point. Apart from being a  presentation tool, Prezi is also a social media with a focus on sharing and collaborating.

 

I know we get to presentation tools Thing 20, so I'll briefly present Prezi as place to find stuff that you can use freely.

 

I have a public (free) profile, so my presentations are not only searchable and viewable to everybody but also reusable by default. Reuseable means that the presentation it's possible for anyone to save a copy and then reuse the content in a separate prezi.

I can't change these settings with af free profile - if I want my presentations to be protected from reuse or even hidden from the public, I need to upgrade to one of the paid accounts.
But public and reusable is fine with me. If I want to use other people's stuff, I have to contribute, too :-)



You can search for presentations on any topic and you can limit the search to ". It's very easy. If for example you search* for "teaching information skills" you get a lot of  presentations free to inspire you or reuse in any way you want.




When you find a presentation you want to save and maybe work with, you simply click the Make a Copy-button and it's saved into your own account.

Here's a really nice one by Kelly Grimmett - with embedded screen casts :-)
https://prezi.com/ledfrihgcqkg/information-literacy-2015/

* A note on searching in Prezi's Explore section.
The search facility in Prezi is very unsophisticated. You can't do phrase searches, so depending on what you search for, your results may be full of irrelevant hits.
Instead I recommend another way in: do a Google Advanced search on your topic and limit to domain: https://prezi.com.
Unfortunately the Google Advanced option of limiting to Usage rights: Free to use and share doesn't work.

1 kommentar:

  1. Handy tip about searching for reusable content on Prezi. Thanks for that. #Rudai23

    SvarSlet